Styles and Beyoncé took home the gender-neutral awards introduced last year after the BRIT Awards got rid of female and male distinctions.
Just a week after scoring awards from Grammy 2023, Harry Styles took home four trophies at this year’s BRIT Awards. Aside from winning the most coveted Album of the Year for Harry’s House, the English singer-songwriter also bagged the Artist of the Year, Song of the Year (As It Was), and Best Pop/R&B Act.
In the celebration that honors the best music of Britain, Beyoncé was named Best International Artist, while her Renaissance chart-topper single, Break My Soul, was hailed as International Song of the Year.
On the other hand, the indie rock duo Wet Leg won Group of the Year and Best New Artist after getting four nods in the nominations. Both Styles and Beyoncé scored the newly introduced awards for the gender-neutral categories introduced last year after the BRIT Awards made a move to get rid of female and male designations.
BRIT Awards 2023: Complete List of Winners
The awarding ceremony was opened by Harry Styles with his live performance of As It Was at the O2 Arena last Saturday, February 11. In his speech, Harry shared how grateful he was for his family and his former One Direction bandmates. “I want to thank my mom for singing me up for X Factor. I wouldn’t be here without you. I want to thank Niall, Louis, Liam, and Zayn because I wouldn’t be here without you either.”
Acknowledging the lack of representation from female artists who weren’t nominated for BRIT, he also recognized the efforts made by the wonderful women on his team. “I’m aware of my privilege up here tonight, so this award is for Reyna, Florence, Mabel, and Becky.”
See the full list of the biggest winners for the BRIT Awards 2023 below:
- Album of the Year: Harry Styles (Harry’s House)
- Artist of the Year: Harry Styles
- Group of the Year: Wet Leg
- Song of the Year: Harry Styles (As It Was)
- Best International Artist: Beyoncé
- International Group of the Year: Fontaines D.C.
- International Song of the Year: Beyoncé (Break My Soul)
- Best New Artist: Wet Leg
- Rising Star: Flo
- Best Rock/Alternative Act: The 1975
- Best Dance Act: Becky Hill
- Best Hip-Hop/Rap/Grime Act: Aitch
- Best Pop/R&B Act: Harry Styles
- Producer of the Year: David Guetta
- Songwriter of the Year: Kid Harpoon
Cover image credit: The Brit Awards